Sider

torsdag 13. februar 2014

Seeing Red *Marvelous Magnolia DT*

I applied to the DT call at Marvelous Magnolia a few weeks ago,
and I am happy to announce that I am a part of their new design team!
I am so happy, and this is my first time being part of a Magnolia-blog.
Hopefully it will make me want to color more regularly. :)

My first challenge is Seeing Red,
this is the midway reminder so you have a week to join in,
please pop over! :) 


Red is a color I have a lot of difficulties with, its just so strong.
And coloring with red reinkers can become orange or pink,
so that alone is extremely challenging for me.
So I inked up the image first, and I had this idea in my head,
but then I could not find a paper to match without it getting
a bit maritim, before I suddenly fell in love with this floral paper
that I believe is from 7 gypsies. I used some other left over papers,
a die cut doily. Also I was very low on bazzil, so I made the card on
cardboard so save my "white" bazzil. 

I inked Tilda up with my Distress Reinkers,
and I added Chalkboard Glimmer Mist,
and Star Dust Stickles. 


I used lace, red pompom ribbon, pearl swirls,
letters from American Crafts, and also some old book pages. 


Love this doily shape, I really need some more kinds of doilies.
I also used a few red flowers that I dipped in water to change the shape
of them, and discovered that when wet, they turn everything red.
The trash in my scrap room looks like it was used to clean up
a murder. I also used some branches with red berries,
and a brad. 


19 kommentarer:

Nicola sa...

Beautiful creation Anne, love the vintage feel with all the gorgeous layers and beautifully coloured Tilda!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Scraptastische hobby sa...

Gefeliciteerd Anne, dat je bent uit gekozen om je bij het DT team van Marvelous Magnolia te mogen aansluiten. Wat heel erg leuk en ik wens je veel plezier!!! Je voorbeeld kaart voor het challenge blog is schitterend!!! je hebt Tilda prachtig ingekleurd! en heel mooi in vintage stijl!!!
Liefs Gerie

Elaine sa...

Congratulations on your Marvelous Magnolia DT...you are amazing and will be a great asset to the dt.

Fabulous colouring (I do not like colouring red at all!) and always perfectly embellished.
Totally gorgeous ♥

Big hugs to you
Love Elaine xxx

Veronique sa...

Nydelig kort, og gratulerer som DT :)

Klem!

Vicky sa...

This is awesome sweetie I lurve red on cards & its my fave colour to colour with. Huge congrats on your new DT they are soooooooo lucky to have you hun, you are a very talented lady.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Eulanda sa...

Wow this is gorgeous and I love your coloring!!

Lau W sa...

Congrats on your DT place !!
Your creation is fabulous, so nice colouring !!! Wonderful !
xxx

Pinklady 68 sa...

Gratulerer med DT-jobben!! Nydelig fargelagt søte Tilda:-)...lekkert kort!!
Ha en fin helg:-)

KLem Laila.

Desire Fourie sa...

Sooo beautiful with gorgeoys littke creative touches. Perfect for a 40 year lady.
{I would love you to take part in my 800 Follower Give-away where everyone is a winner who enters. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck}. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Tracey T sa...

This is beautiful - your colouring is just stunning. Thank you for playing at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia! Tracey x

Luce sa...

Gratulerer!
Nydelig kort! Nydelig fargelagt motiv ogherlig med alle lagene! Veldig glad i rødt jeg - flott å bruke på detaljer - og det har du gjort nydelig!
Ha en fin dag :o)

Elise sa...

OooOh Anne!!! A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you! Very very well deserved and I can't wait to see more of your GORGEOUS creations~ This is just the beginning!!! Yayyyy!

Well, this is absolutely STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS as always! So love your colouring, and the pops of red in there to give it that PERFECT contrast! Love Love Love it!

Hope you are doing very well! And by the way .. I love your new photo! You're simply BEAUUUUTIFUL! :)

Sending Warm Hugs,
Elise

Sol sa...

Nydelig!!! Herlige lag på lag!! Flotte Farger.. Og Perfekt Fargelegging.. Du er en Vinner for tiden.. Ta deg en tur innom ATSC, Kort O Mania Og WOC.... Gratulerer!!!

Heidi sa...

Aldeles nydelig kort!
Vakkert pyntet:)
Gratulerer med DT plassen:)
Velfortjent.
Klem, Heidi:)

Chelsea sa...

Yay! Congrats Anne :)They are very lucky to have you on their team. Not only are you talented but also a super sweet person. Beautiful card, love all the layers.

with Love,
Chelsea

Cino sa...

Så lekkert! Og gratulerer så mye med DT plassen!

Kjersti sa...

Et nydelig kort Anne, så flott fargelagt motiv!
Klem:)

JenniferD sa...

Wow this is Totally Gorgeous! Love all those Stunning Layers and that Awesome Background!Good to have you as a Teamie!

Unknown sa...

Amazing coloring and some great layering on this one! So lovely...
Have a great day!